We are continuing our Saturday gardening sessions. This Saturday (beginning at 10am), things tentatively look like this:
1. Basic "gardening in central Texas" instructions from Mark Ney, McIntire's Garden Center
2. Who's plot is who's? - we'll be selecting and firming up who will have which raised bed, so everyone can get planting soon!
3. Possible work tasks:
1) move compost to new location 2) weed hillside for eventual squash plantings
- other possibilities: 1) mix compost into soil, 2) plant or bring starter trays for seed plantings
4. Brainstorming session: What kinds of things would we like to see in the garden area? Art? Solar fountain? Brick path? ...Ideas welcome
Hope to see you all there on Saturday!